NetFlow provides IP network traffic flow statistics for network management, security and performance systems to report on users, utilization, application, protocol, congestion, and security related behavior.
Production Impact :: Router Based NetFlow
NetFlow is often generated by routers and switches at key locations across the network. However, there are disadvantages to this approach including the performance impact on key production network routers/switches, the use of network bandwidth to transmit NetFlow records, and added complexity of collecting records from many sources across the network.
A Better Way :: HyperEngine NetFlow
The HyperEngine packet processor blade, processing up to 200Gbps of traffic per blade, can be a primary NetFlow source for large networks, offloading the production router network. The modular system can scale to process terabytes of traffic for NetFlow, aggregating traffic from any 1G/10G/40G/100G Ethernet ports in the system. Connect any system traffic up to the 16 service points for NetFlow source processing of unsampled or sampled traffic flow records, and each can be forwarded to up to 16 NetFlow collectors.
IntellaFlex XR monitors network traffic and is an ideal source of NetFlow records for monitoring NetFlow traffic statistics. Offload processing from routers and other production equipment to increase efficiency and save costs; plus consolidating NetFlow sources reduces network traffic and simplifies the monitoring architecture.
- NetFlow performance up to 200Gbps
- Aggregate 1G/10G/40G/100G inputs
- Full or sampled traffic flow statistics
- NetFlow v5, v9 and IPFIX
- Generate up to 16 simultaneous NetFlow streams
- Supports up to 16 NetFlow collectors
- High performance NetFlow generation
- Offload production routers/switches
- Increase efficiency and save costs
- Reduces network traffic and simplifies monitoring architecture
- Scalable for very large networks