By removing payload data from packets and leaving only the header information, the network monitoring switch can send more data across a given link to the tool. The tool receives more condensed network data for analysis, increasing efficiency and utilization.
A benefit of packet slicing is in regulatory compliance. Legislation such as HIPAA, PCI and others demand data confidentiality, and stripping sensitive payload data from packets before they go to monitoring tools ensures that this sensitive data is not stored outside secure boundaries.
The IntellaFlex Solution – Packet Slicing
APCON's packet slicing can be performed either at ingress or egress. This creates flexibility in configuring your packet slicing solution. The ability to slice on either ingress or egress allows sharing of the packet payload with other tools by slicing at egress, or you can fully optimize your traffic through the switch by slicing on ingress.
- Configurable byte offset
- Line rate 1G / 10G
- Slice on Ingress or Egress
- New CRC calculated and appended to maintain packet integrity
- Reduces packet volume to reduce tool oversubscription
- Extends data recording time windows
- Remove confidential information to comply with regulatory requirements